The Senior Accountant will provide financial analysis and assist functional leaders in driving cost initiatives and developing financial key performance indicators (“KPIs”). This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will be involved in all department activities with a main focus on maintaining fixed assets, loan and interest schedules. Will also assist with month-end close, calculating cost and cost savings, analyzing financial and manufacturing variances, reconciling inventory locations, analyzing changes to production results, and reviewing inventory reserves.
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedules, including depreciation, additions & disposals,
- Ensure accuracy for all loan and interest accounts,
- Assist in calculation of revenue and expenses monthly basis,
- Perform month-end close responsibilities, including making journal entries and preparing KPI, purchase price, labor variances, and other monthly financial reports,
- Complete account reconciliations for specific general ledger accounts,
- Reconcile inventory locations and prepare related schedules,
- Calculate and analyze variances, including with labor and overhead, and explain variances to management,
- Analyze year over year production cost & variance changes,
- Report inventory by product line and calculate inventory KPIs,
- Develop plan allocations for the purpose of allocating overhead costs to production cost,
- Work with the team to develop financial models for new products and estimating cost per unit for new products,
- Maintain cost accounting system, including new item setup,
- Perform ad hoc projects, as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant accounting experience,
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related area,
- Sound understanding of accounting principles,
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills,
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivots, macros, etc.).
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Public Accounting experience
- CPA certification
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting system
Perks & Benefits
- $66,000-$80,000 Salary range (Exempt Position)
- PPO & HDHP medical plan options, dental insurance, vision insurance.
- Company Contributed HSA account with HDHP option.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DC FSA), self-paid Aflac.
- Generous paid time off policy
- 12 company paid holidays
- 401(k) and 401(k) Match
- Discounts on DeLille wine, products, and at restaurant