Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for performing a variety of human resource duties, which will require the application of independent judgment. A successful person in this role will be service-oriented, detail-oriented, eager to learn, and empathetic. This is an on-site position in Woodinville, WA.
- Implements new hire orientation and onboarding processes while fostering company culture.
- Manages, including continuously gauging and improving, employee recognition/appreciation programs to motivate and maintain positive work culture.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Responsible for mandatory reporting, such as EEOC, 5500’s, ACA, BLS, OSHA 300.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Manages benefits, safety, compensation, and employee performance programs.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Manages workers’ compensation injury reporting/claim administration.
- Implements and leads Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs.
- Maintains employee database in ADP Workforce.
- Responsible for owning and streamlining recruiting processes.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating employee handbook
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Occasional heavy lifting and use of stairs may be required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or a related field with at least 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HR Certificate (PHR, SPHR, PHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Experience creating or implementing a new employee handbook is a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the company’s facilities.
Benefits & Perks
- PPO & HDHP medical plan options, dental insurance, vision insurance.
- Company Contributed HSA account with HDHP option.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DC FSA), self-paid Aflac.
- Discounts on DeLille wine and products.