Event and Marketing Manager
The Event and Marketing Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all events on behalf of the winery, to include public and club member events, private and corporate events through third-party event rentals at the winery location, internal company gatherings, and offsite events where the winery is represented, such as charitable wine tastings. This role will provide exceptional customer service and hospitality while executing all details and overseeing the setup, breakdown and overall coordination of all events. This role requires excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills. This position will not only manage internal company events, but will also help build the winery’s event space rental business from the ground up.
- Develops event structure for all private events/event rentals to include pricing structure, contracts, reservations, scheduling of staff and all standard operating procedures as they relate to events
- Responsible for building third-party event business and bookings through marketing outreach and networking. Actively seeks out clients/private events and prioritizes and follows up on all sales leads
- Interacts with clientele with an end-to-end process relating to budget, reservations, contracts, deposits and experience while delivering the highest quality of service to create a memorable experience for all event guests
- Creates and updates Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) for onsite events to reflect the most current event details
- Schedules and coordinates tasks in areas related to catering, event set up, clean up and closing procedures, making certain that the event venue is professional, safe, organized and clean at all times
- Coordinates all aspects of offsite events, to include interacting with our charitable partners and forging strong relationships with community and nonprofit organizations
- Prepares event budgets and is responsible for managing Events Business P&L
- Manages relationships and negotiates with event vendors and suppliers
- Versed in WSLCB rules and regulations for all events
- Coordinates staffing needs for all internal and external events
- Accountable for ordering and verifying rental equipment and reconciling any discrepancies from delivery and return invoices
- Assists in training new event staff
- Works directly with internal and external catering staff on all needs for each event
- Evening and weekend work will be required in this position
This position reports directly to Director of Marketing and Events, working closely with the Director of Retail Operations and the retail team.
This is a salaried position with benefits and a bonus structure.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At least 2 years of special event experience
Excellent communications skills: phone, email, in person
Positive can do attitude – make it happen!
Knowledge of wine club/customer loyalty programs
Proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and calendar programs
Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with extreme attention to detail
Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines
Ability to work weekends, weekdays, holidays and evenings
Knowledge of food and beverage operations and service delivery
Demonstrated reliability and punctuality
Works effectively in team/crew
Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Ability to prioritize while being able to adapt to changing priorities
Ability to lift 40+ lbs
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Keri Tawney.