Restaurant General Manager
DeLille is looking for a manager for its new restaurant at the old Redhook Brewery. This exciting role will oversee multiple revenue centers which include our Lounge, Bar, Patio and Private Events. Additionally, this role will be planning, business developing and executing the growth of this new operation.
The role requires strong leadership and organization skills. The ability to work and lead independently is a must. This person must live and breathe hospitality as well as know how to hire, train, and inspire a like-minded team. The right person for this role should have a successful background managing in the food, beverage industry and have a proven track record of running a profitable business within a larger organization.
The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant/wine lounge, event spaces and seasonal outside deck. The new restaurant will compliment and be integral to the customer experiences of our winery and tasting room. Interested candidates should have experience in opening of a new operation, including concept design, implementing POS and inventory controls, and hiring and training staff. GM will work in cooperation with our catering partner and be supported by our marketing and accounting departments. The General Manager reports to the CEO.
- Oversee and manage operations in a professional manner with a focus on providing excellent customer service while maximizing profitability and achieving sales goals.
- In conjunction with Director of Marketing, develop programs and initiatives to drive guests to site.
- Integrate experiences for our wine club members and retail customer with our Director of Retail Operations.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure a safe working environment and compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensure consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, and employee appearance standards.
- Responsible for food and beverage costs.
- Estimate beverage needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of products.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests. Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, and on time.
- Work in concert with the Events Manager to coordinate and host successful events.
- Support the Chef and Kitchen team to ensure food quality is high, service staff is knowledgeable about the products we serve and that our menu offering brings guests back for more.
- Track and report sales performance and other key metrics.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Train employees in all aspects of the operations and excellent customer service.
- Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Prepare employee schedules and ensure that the operations are staffed for all shifts.
- Create a culture of a welcoming workplace and support diversity in hiring.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
- 5 years of Restaurant management experience.
- Experience in launching new restaurant operation preferred.
- Ability to provide and train others to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong wine knowledge, winery experience helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of business software (MS Word, Excel). Experience in implementing restaurant POS systems and online reservation systems.
- Strong operations financial knowledge, and ability to manage to financial metrics.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background and credit check.
- Individual who provides leadership to his team and is focused and self-disciplined to accomplish the goals of the operation.
- Shows initiative and entrepreneurial spirit to grow and improve business.
- Warm outgoing personality who will represent DeLille to its customers.
- Ability to work in a hectic environment and resolve issues as they arise.
- Physically able to lift 45 lbs. and remain standing for long periods.
Benefits include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, PTO.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.